Rocking Horses for Sale
We are always buying old vintage and antique Rocking Horses to repair or restore, if you cannot see anything you are looking for here please get in touch as we may have several in stock that we are still working on.
Vintage Patterson Edwards/Leeway Rocking Horse £800
- From the mid 1960s that has had one previous owner.
- It has had new leather tack, new cow hair and a fresh paint job to bring it up to a quality standard.
- The horse is in original shape as is the stand.
- The metalwork on the stand and the stirrups are original and has been cleaned and painted as necessary.
- The saddle has been made from vinyl to the original pattern and colours and has the original padding inside.
- The decorative nails are new.
- The rosettes are new and have been made to a similar pattern as original and placed in the original positions.
- The stand has been cleaned and varnished. The stand also has the 'Leeway' transfer logo at each end of the top rail.
- This is a good strong horse and has been made in the traditional way.
- This maker used a patented method of making the legs so they reach up to the top of the horses body, therefore eliminating loose leg joints.
- The approx measurements are: seat height 33 inches, (84cm). Length of rump 21.5 inches, (54.5cm). Height to top of head 41 inches, (104cm).
- Length of stand 52 inches, (132cm). Width of stand 16 inches, (40cm).
- This was known as the 26/7 model and was the largest fully carved horse made after 1960.
Delivery is extra, please enquire for a quote or arrange own courier. Horse can also be collected in person.
If you would like more informtion on our work, please get in touch.